Artist/Designer; Manufacturer: Alice Neel (1900-1984)
Marking(s); notes: signed; ed. 170/175; 1980
Country of origin; materials: American; lithograph on Arches
Dimensions (H, W, D): 33.5"h, 25.5"w; 36.5"h, 28.5"w frame
Additional Information: The 1978 original work on which this screenprint was based was featured prominently in the literature from the "Alice Neel: People Come First" retrospective of Neel's work which took place at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, New York in 2021. Provenance: Private Collection, Palm Beach, Florida.
Spring 2023 Auction Series
- Sat. May 6: Tupperware Corporate Collection: 1970s-1990s
- Sat. May 20: Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Now consigning: Fall 2023 Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Live and video preview are available, as are high resolution photos. Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com.
- The buyer's premium is 28% across all methods of bidding.
- We highly recommend obtaining shipping quotes in advance. A list of shippers is available on our website under "Buying" or by request.
- All bidders should read and understand the Terms & Conditions of Auction. The T&C can be reviewed when you register, via the listing, on our website under "Buying" or by request.
very good, not examined outside frame (condition of art only)