Artist/Designer; Manufacturer: Gordon Bradt (1924-2022); Kinetico Studios
Marking(s); notes: signed, marking(s)
Country of origin; materials: American; brass, other
Dimensions (H, W, D): 17.5"h, 7"w, 4.5"d
Additional Information: Clock has seven small figures which perform various gymnastics around the clock as it is running. After his engineering career as Vice President of Bell & Howell where he received numerous patents for his designs for the company, as well as some for his personal work, Mr. Bradt devoted himself full-time to the creation of kinetic sculpture. The most famous of these are his kinetic clocks which are included in a number of museum collections worldwide. Monumental public versions of the clock are on view in Toronto's International Airport Terminal and Seattle's Pacific Science Center.
Spring 2023 Auction Series
- Sat. May 6: Tupperware Corporate Collection: 1970s-1990s
- Sat. May 20: Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Now consigning: Fall 2023 Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Live and video preview are available, as are high resolution photos. Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com.
- The buyer's premium is 28% across all methods of bidding.
- We highly recommend obtaining shipping quotes in advance. A list of shippers is available on our website under "Buying" or by request.
- All bidders should read and understand the Terms & Conditions of Auction. The T&C can be reviewed when you register, via the listing, on our website under "Buying" or by request.
very good, in working order, appears to keep time well