Artist/Designer; Manufacturer: Harry Bertoia (1915-1978)
Marking(s); notes: no marking(s) apparent; 1970s per Certificate
Country of origin; materials: American; cut and bent monel bar
Dimensions (H, W, D): 8.75"h, 2.25"dia
Additional Information: Work is titled "Harry Bertoia's Tilted Bar," so named by his son Val. Lot is accompanied by the original Certificate of Authenticity issued by Val Bertoia/Bertoia Studios, Bally, Pennsylvania, dated 2.9.2023. Provenance: Private Collection, Palm Beach, Florida.
The consignor held an extensive collection of works by Harry Bertoia. A sampling of these is shown in the listing photos.
Spring 2023 Auction Series
- Sat. May 6: Tupperware Corporate Collection: 1970s-1990s
- Sat. May 20: Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Now consigning: Fall 2023 Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Live and video preview are available, as are high resolution photos. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The buyer's premium is 28% across all methods of bidding.
- We highly recommend obtaining shipping quotes in advance. A list of shippers is available on our website under "Buying" or by request.
- All bidders should read and understand the Terms & Conditions of Auction. The T&C can be reviewed when you register, via the listing, on our website under "Buying" or by request.
very good, patina to metal