Artist/Designer; Manufacturer: see Additional Information/Description
Marking(s); notes: mid 20th century
Country of origin; materials: Iran; wool
Dimensions (H, W, D): 43"l, 28"w (Note: Dimensions of rugs are approximate and have been rounded to the nearest inch.)
Additional Information: Rug from a Kurdish area in Iran is in a traditional design incorporating roses and dragons, both of which have special significance in Kurdish folklore. Provenance: Personal collection of Saul Barodofsky, a retired expert in Turkish arts and culture. For over thirty years, his import firm Sun Bow Trading Co. provided most of the rugs sold in The Mezzanine Gallery Shop at The Metropolitan Museum of Art. In addition to running Sun Bow Trading from 1977 to 2018, Mr. Barodofsky's professional career included personally selecting rugs and artifacts for major US collections and co-founding an educational site on collectible weavings. Ages and origins of rugs are provided by the consignor, with our gratitude for their time and expertise.
Spring 2023 Auction Series
- Sat. May 6: Tupperware Corporate Collection: 1970s-1990s
- Sat. May 20: Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Now consigning: Fall 2023 Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Live and video preview are available, as are high resolution photos. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The buyer's premium is 28% across all methods of bidding.
- We highly recommend obtaining shipping quotes in advance. A list of shippers is available on our website under "Buying" or by request.
- All bidders should read and understand the Terms & Conditions of Auction. The T&C can be reviewed when you register, via the listing, on our website under "Buying" or by request.
good, wear to edges and fringe consistent with age and use