Lowell Nesbitt (1933-1993)Marking(s); notes:
signed; 1973Country of origin; materials:
American; oil on canvasDimensions (H, W, D):
75"h, 56.5"w; 76.25"h, 57.75"w frameAdditional Information:
Work is titled "Two Yellow Irises." Exhibited: Flower Paintings of Lowell Nesbitt, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1973. Gallery label to reverse: Gimpel Fils Gallery, Ltd., London, UK. Provenance: Tupperware Brands Corporate Collection, Orlando, Florida, acquired 1975.Fall/Winter 2022 Auction Schedule
- Thu. 12.1.22: LUXE - Branded Luxury Boutique Auction
- Sat. 12.3.22: Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Sat. 1.21.23: UCA - Pop & Urban Culture Auction
- Now consigning: February 2023 Modern & Contemporary Art + DesignBidder FAQs
- Live and video preview are available, as are high resolution photos. Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com.
- The buyer's premium is 28% across all methods of bidding.
- We highly recommend obtaining shipping quotes in advance. A list of shippers is available on our website under "Buying" or by request.
- All bidders should read and understand the Terms & Conditions of Auction. The T&C can be reviewed when you register, via the listing, on our website under "Buying" or by request.
very good, small spot of discoloration in lower region just left of center (condition of art only)All bidders in our auctions should be aware of the following:
Lots are sold "AS IS" as described in the Terms & Conditions of Auction. Statements regarding the condition of objects are only for general guidance and do not constitute a representation, warranty or assumption of liability by Palm Beach Modern Auctions. PBMA strives to provide as much information as possible about items, including multiple photos, dimensions and condition reports. Some condition issues may not be noted in the condition report but are apparent in the provided photos which are considered part of the condition report. All bidders are encouraged to inspect items of interest in person and ask any questions they may have prior to bidding as well as review all points in the Terms & Conditions.