Leo Sewell (b. 1945)Marking(s); notes:
no marking(s) apparentCountry of origin; materials:
American; found objects (metal, plastic, wood, rubber, fabric material)Dimensions (H, W, D):
31"h, 28"w, 13"dAdditional Information:
"Leo Sewell grew up near a dump. He has played with junk now for over fifty years and has developed his own technique for culling the refuse of Philadelphia for the materials with which he fashions his sculptures. These objects are chosen for their color, shape, texture, durability and patina; then they are assembled using nails, bolts, and screws." (source: www.leosewell.net) Provenance: Private Collection, Palm Beach, Florida.Spring 2023 Auction Series
- Sat. May 6: Tupperware Corporate Collection: 1970s-1990s
- Sat. May 20: Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Now consigning: Fall 2023 Modern & Contemporary Art + Design Bidder FAQs
- Live and video preview are available, as are high resolution photos. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The buyer's premium is 28% across all methods of bidding.
- We highly recommend obtaining shipping quotes in advance. A list of shippers is available on our website under "Buying" or by request.
- All bidders should read and understand the Terms & Conditions of Auction. The T&C can be reviewed when you register, via the listing, on our website under "Buying" or by request.
overall very good with exception of several cracks in the left rear paw (possibly inherent to the materials), individual elements show wear/imperfections/grime as expected with salvaged materials