Shark Toof (20th C.)Marking(s); notes:
signedCountry of origin; materials:
American; spray paint on canvasDimensions (H, W, D):
80"h, 144"w (work is not framed; hinged stretcher folds for transportation/storage)Additional Information:
Work is titled "Cici N'est Pas Une Blue Shark." The consignor, who knows the artist personally, shared the following about the work: "The inspiration for 'Cici N'est Pas Une Blue Shark,' the artist's largest work on canvas with the shark image, was 'Deep Blue,' the largest great white shark ever recorded. A great admirer of Marcel Duchamp, the artist notes the following when discussing the title of the work: 'We all laugh and yet somehow Duchamp’s readymade toilet piece is omniscient, comical, obtrusive, engaging, and frankly, a stubborn answer to what art is. This piece is not a blue shark.' " The artist's full essay is available on request and a printed copy will accompany the work.Fall/Winter 2022 Auction Schedule
- Thu. 12.1.22: LUXE - Branded Luxury Boutique Auction
- Sat. 12.3.22: Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Sat. 1.21.23: UCA - Pop & Urban Culture Auction
- Now consigning: February 2023 Modern & Contemporary Art + DesignBidder FAQs
- Live and video preview are available, as are high resolution photos. Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com.
- The buyer's premium is 28% across all methods of bidding.
- We highly recommend obtaining shipping quotes in advance. A list of shippers is available on our website under "Buying" or by request.
- All bidders should read and understand the Terms & Conditions of Auction. The T&C can be reviewed when you register, via the listing, on our website under "Buying" or by request.
very good, a couple discreet indentations where canvas bends, very minor edge scuffAll bidders in our auctions should be aware of the following:
Lots are sold "AS IS" as described in the Terms & Conditions of Auction. Statements regarding the condition of objects are only for general guidance and do not constitute a representation, warranty or assumption of liability by Palm Beach Modern Auctions. PBMA strives to provide as much information as possible about items, including multiple photos, dimensions and condition reports. Some condition issues may not be noted in the condition report but are apparent in the provided photos which are considered part of the condition report. All bidders are encouraged to inspect items of interest in person and ask any questions they may have prior to bidding as well as review all points in the Terms & Conditions.