Artist/Designer; Manufacturer: Michael Goldberg (1924-2007)
Marking(s); notes: signed; 1989
Country of origin; materials: American; oil and colored chalk on heavy paper
Dimensions (H, W, D): 11.75"h, 11"w; 20"h, 19.5"w frame
Additional Information: Additional images coming soon. Work is titled "Spannocchia 2" and is one of three related works by the artist in this sale, a series of highly textural paintings recalling the artist's summer trips to Tuscany, Italy. The consignor reached out to Michael Goldberg's wife, Lynn Umlauf, proposing to produce the series in a limited edition run of multiples. The project was never completed, but records of the April 2020 correspondence remain, copies of which will be provided to the winning bidder(s) of these lots. Provenance: Private Collection, southern Germany by descent to previous owner | Karl & Faber Kunstauktionen 12.5.2019 auction, lot 1011 | Collection of a California art advisor and dealer.
Spring 2023 Auction Series
- Sat. May 6: Tupperware Corporate Collection: 1970s-1990s
- Sat. May 20: Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Now consigning: Fall 2023 Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Live and video preview are available, as are high resolution photos. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The buyer's premium is 28% across all methods of bidding.
- We highly recommend obtaining shipping quotes in advance. A list of shippers is available on our website under "Buying" or by request.
- All bidders should read and understand the Terms & Conditions of Auction. The T&C can be reviewed when you register, via the listing, on our website under "Buying" or by request.
very good, not examined outside frame (condition of art only)