Artist/Designer; Manufacturer: Purvis Young (1943-2010)
Marking(s); notes: marking(s)
Country of origin; materials: American; pen, marker, crayon mixed media on paper
Dimensions (H, W, D): 11.25"h, 9.25"w, 3.25"d
Additional Information: Purvis Young's sketchbook is assembled from used books, leaflets and other collage elements, covered with his drawings and writings in various mediums. Among the pages, bound together in a commercial daily time sheet, we found a 1978 Black History Month flyer from the Miami-Dade Public Library. The book includes approximately eighty original drawings. Interested bidders are welcome to review video leafing through the book's pages; please contact us by email for a download link. Provenance: Consignor purchased the sketchbook from the artist in the late 1970s.
Spring 2023 Auction Series
- Sat. May 6: Tupperware Corporate Collection: 1970s-1990s
- Sat. May 20: Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Now consigning: Fall 2023 Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Live and video preview are available, as are high resolution photos. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The buyer's premium is 28% across all methods of bidding.
- We highly recommend obtaining shipping quotes in advance. A list of shippers is available on our website under "Buying" or by request.
- All bidders should read and understand the Terms & Conditions of Auction. The T&C can be reviewed when you register, via the listing, on our website under "Buying" or by request.
wear and swelling consistent with functional document of this age and other examples