Artist/Designer; Manufacturer: Robert Graham (1938-2008)
Marking(s); notes: no marking(s) apparent; 1989
Country of origin; materials: Mexican/American; bronze
Dimensions (H, W, D): 14.75"h, 4.25"dia
Additional Information: This sculpture was created and cast to be the 1989 Dorothy B. Chandler Performing Arts Award statue. The event, which shared the spotlight with the Music Center's 25th anniversary celebration, was televised on PBS. Palm Beach Modern Auctions would like to thank the Robert Graham Studio for their comprehensive assistance in cataloging this work. Lot is accompanied by a printout of recent correspondence with the Robert Graham Studio, Inglewood, California, including an image of their inventory card on file. Provenance: Private Collection, Parkland, Florida, purchased from the original owner who received the work as a gift from the artist.
Spring 2023 Auction Series
- Sat. May 6: Tupperware Corporate Collection: 1970s-1990s
- Sat. May 20: Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Now consigning: Fall 2023 Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Live and video preview are available, as are high resolution photos. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The buyer's premium is 28% across all methods of bidding.
- We highly recommend obtaining shipping quotes in advance. A list of shippers is available on our website under "Buying" or by request.
- All bidders should read and understand the Terms & Conditions of Auction. The T&C can be reviewed when you register, via the listing, on our website under "Buying" or by request.
very good, patina to metal, minor scratches to base, tiny nick to shoulder blade (small rub to inner thigh, believed inherent)