Ross Richmond (b. 1971)Marking(s); notes:
no marking(s) apparentCountry of origin; materials:
American; blown and hot-sculpted glass, metal (stand)Dimensions (H, W, D):
11.5"h, 6.5"w, 4.5"d on standAdditional Information:
Provenance: Private Collection, Palm Beach, Florida. Ross started working with glass at the Cleveland Institute of Art in 1991. He graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts with a major in Glass and a minor in Small Metals (jewelry). He has studied and taught at many prestigious glass schools across the country including the Penland School of Craft and the Pilchuck Glass School. In 1997 Ross began working as an apprentice to William Morris becoming a member of his team in 1999, working alongside Bill until his retirement in 2007. Ross has had residencies at the Tacoma Museum of Glass, Toledo Glass Museum and Corning Glass Museum in the last few years, and is in the slow process of building his own hot glass studio. Ross' pieces are typically narrative, working mainly with figurative elements and symbolic objects. His work currently shows at a number of galleries across the country and he has taught in the US and Canada. - rossrichmond.comSpring 2023 Auction Series
- Sat. May 6: Tupperware Corporate Collection: 1970s-1990s
- Sat. May 20: Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Now consigning: Fall 2023 Modern & Contemporary Art + Design Bidder FAQs
- Live and video preview are available, as are high resolution photos. Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com.
- The buyer's premium is 28% across all methods of bidding.
- We highly recommend obtaining shipping quotes in advance. A list of shippers is available on our website under "Buying" or by request.
- All bidders should read and understand the Terms & Conditions of Auction. The T&C can be reviewed when you register, via the listing, on our website under "Buying" or by request.
very good, patina to metal, light scratches and scuffs to interior, a few very light surface scratches, no chips or cracks