Val Bertoia (b. 1949)Marking(s); notes:
B-1934; 2016Country of origin; materials:
American; beryllium copper, brassDimensions (H, W, D):
sculpture: 50.25"h, 12.25"w, 8"w; box: 54"h, 14.5"w, 9"dAdditional Information:
Work titled "Equator of Sound" (B-1934) has thirty beryllium copper "cat tails" silvered to beryllium copper silvered to a brass base. The sculpture was exhibited first in Berlin, Germany, after which it was played by Oscar-winning composer Ryuichi Sakamoto in a French orchestral performance. Val Bertoia has dedicated the work to Sakamoto's memory in light of his recent passing. Lot is accompanied by the Certificate of Authenticity issued by Val Bertoia/Bertoia Studio, dated 9.2.2016 and custom wood storage box.Spring 2023 Auction Series
- Sat. May 6: Tupperware Corporate Collection: 1970s-1990s
- Sat. May 20: Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Now consigning: Fall 2023 Modern & Contemporary Art + Design Bidder FAQs
- Live and video preview are available, as are high resolution photos. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The buyer's premium is 28% across all methods of bidding.
- We highly recommend obtaining shipping quotes in advance. A list of shippers is available on our website under "Buying" or by request.
- All bidders should read and understand the Terms & Conditions of Auction. The T&C can be reviewed when you register, via the listing, on our website under "Buying" or by request.
very good, slight slant to several rods