Imi Knoebel (b. 1940)Marking(s); notes:
signed; ed. 22/30, AP 12/15 for the edition of 60; 1996Country of origin; materials:
German; lithograph with hand stencil printing on Somerset Soft White paperDimensions (H, W, D):
22.5"h, 15.75"w eachAdditional Information:
Lot is comprised of two lithographs: "Untitled (yellow with vertical bars)" and "Untitled #4 (red)." "Imi Knoebel studied under Joseph Beuys, and his first major work, a monochromatic installation titled "Raum 19" (1968), was named for that classroom experience. His later works, such as these, employed more color (especially primaries) while sharing a similar minimalist, geometric sensibility." (source: Wikipedia) Provenance: Brooke Alexander Gallery, New York, New York.Spring 2023 Auction Series
- Sat. May 6: Tupperware Corporate Collection: 1970s-1990s
- Sat. May 20: Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Now consigning: Fall 2023 Modern & Contemporary Art + Design Bidder FAQs
- Live and video preview are available, as are high resolution photos. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The buyer's premium is 28% across all methods of bidding.
- We highly recommend obtaining shipping quotes in advance. A list of shippers is available on our website under "Buying" or by request.
- All bidders should read and understand the Terms & Conditions of Auction. The T&C can be reviewed when you register, via the listing, on our website under "Buying" or by request.
very good, no issues to note