Christo (1935-2020) & Jeanne-Claude (b. 1935-2009)Marking(s); notes:
signedCountry of origin; materials:
Bulgarian/American; paperDimensions (H, W, D):
24"h, 36"w; 29.75"h, 41.75"w frameAdditional Information:
Poster is from the "Surrounded Islands, Biscayne Bay, Greater Miami" project, in which the artists used 660,000 yards of pink fabric to surround a series of islands in Biscayne Bay off the coast of Miami, Florida. The project is featured in "Eight key projects by Christo and Jeanne Claude" (Block, I. Dezeen Magazine, 6.1.2020) which states that while the installation was removed after two weeks of display, the artists' team also cleaned up approximately forty tons of refuse from the bay. Reference: https://www.dezeen.com/2020/06/01/christo-jeanne-claude-seven-key-projects-installations-design/.Spring 2023 Auction Series
- Sat. May 6: Tupperware Corporate Collection: 1970s-1990s
- Sat. May 20: Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Now consigning: Fall 2023 Modern & Contemporary Art + Design Bidder FAQs
- Live and video preview are available, as are high resolution photos. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The buyer's premium is 28% across all methods of bidding.
- We highly recommend obtaining shipping quotes in advance. A list of shippers is available on our website under "Buying" or by request.
- All bidders should read and understand the Terms & Conditions of Auction. The T&C can be reviewed when you register, via the listing, on our website under "Buying" or by request.
very good, not examined outside frame (condition of art only)