Inupiak artist, attributed (see Additional Information) Marking(s); notes:
no marking(s) apparent Country of origin; materials:
American; carved whaleboneDimensions (H, W, D):
14.75"h, 23"w, 8.5"dAdditional Information:
Palm Beach Modern Auctions would like to thank the Alaska Native Heritage Center for sharing their thoughts on the origin of this work. Please note, this assessment is based on photos only and we invite interested bidders and/or their experts to examine the carving in person or request additional photos/video. "Generally, whalebone sculptures of this kind originated in Shishmaref, Alaska (An Inupiaq village). There are many carvers using the material these days, mostly in the Inupiaq and St. Lawrence Island Yupik regions of the state." They were also kind enough to share a list of appraisers, which we are happy to forward on request. Provenance: Private Collection, Palm Beach, Florida. Spring 2023 Auction Series
- Sat. May 6: Tupperware Corporate Collection: 1970s-1990s
- Sat. May 20: Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Now consigning: Fall 2023 Modern & Contemporary Art + Design Bidder FAQs
- Live and video preview are available, as are high resolution photos. Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com.
- The buyer's premium is 28% across all methods of bidding.
- We highly recommend obtaining shipping quotes in advance. A list of shippers is available on our website under "Buying" or by request.
- All bidders should read and understand the Terms & Conditions of Auction. The T&C can be reviewed when you register, via the listing, on our website under "Buying" or by request.