Red Grooms (b. 1937)Marking(s); notes:
signed; 1998Country of origin; materials:
American; oil on canvasDimensions (H, W, D):
67.25"h, 42.25"wAdditional Information:
Work titled "Gauloise" was exhibited at Art Chicago, May 1998. Lot is accompanied by a copy of the purchase receipt issued by Marlborough Galleries, New York, New York, dated 8.20.1998. Gallery label to reverse: Marlborough Galleries, New York, New York. Provenance: Artist | Marlborough Galleries, New York, New York | Private Collection, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida and Glencoe, Illinois. Over fifty years of collecting are represented in the works offered in this auction. The couple purchased from major galleries as well as lesser-known names that intrigued them or brought them joy. Rather than focusing on a particular movement or genre, their taste leaned towards artists whose works comment on contemporary life, often in satirical and forward-thinking ways.Fall/Winter 2022 Auction Schedule
- Thu. 12.1.22: LUXE - Branded Luxury Boutique Auction
- Sat. 12.3.22: Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Sat. 1.21.23: UCA - Pop & Urban Culture Auction
- Now consigning: February 2023 Modern & Contemporary Art + DesignBidder FAQs
- Live and video preview are available, as are high resolution photos. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The buyer's premium is 28% across all methods of bidding.
- We highly recommend obtaining shipping quotes in advance. A list of shippers is available on our website under "Buying" or by request.
- All bidders should read and understand the Terms & Conditions of Auction. The T&C can be reviewed when you register, via the listing, on our website under "Buying" or by request.
very good, distressing to frame (appears to be artist intent with exception of repair to bottom element)All bidders in our auctions should be aware of the following:
Lots are sold "AS IS" as described in the Terms & Conditions of Auction. Statements regarding the condition of objects are only for general guidance and do not constitute a representation, warranty or assumption of liability by Palm Beach Modern Auctions. PBMA strives to provide as much information as possible about items, including multiple photos, dimensions and condition reports. Some condition issues may not be noted in the condition report but are apparent in the provided photos which are considered part of the condition report. All bidders are encouraged to inspect items of interest in person and ask any questions they may have prior to bidding as well as review all points in the Terms & Conditions.