Rob Prior (b. 1964)Marking(s); notes:
signed (both Rob Prior and Stan Lee); 2018Country of origin; materials:
American; gouache on paperDimensions (H, W, D):
90.25"h, 60.25"w (work is not framed)Additional Information:
This work is part of the Stan Lee Legacy Collection, a 2018 collaboration between the Marvel Comics creator and artist Rob Prior. One of Lee’s final projects, the series of large-scale paintings depicts him in the covers of some of his most noteworthy issues of "Giant-Size X-Men," "The Avengers" and "Secret Wars," among others. Each painting is signed by both Lee and Prior, authenticated and documented. Please inquire for a PDF describing the complete sixty-six piece Stan Lee Legacy Collection.
About the comic: "Giant-Size X-Men" #1 introduced many key characters in the X-Men world and redefined the way the X-Men will be viewed for decades to come. Prior's painting is an homage to cover artist Dave Cockrum.
About the artist: Rob Prior is renowned internationally for painting live at conventions, sports events and at the 2022 Grammy Awards. In addition to "Stan Lee’s Superheroes and Marvels" and the "Stan Lee Legacy Collection," Prior has produced collections of works on Bruce Lee, football, hip hop and Hollywood stars.
Lot is accompanied by a copy of the letter of authenticity/provenance issued by Rob Prior on his Muse & Monsters letterhead and a copy of the letter issued by Stan Lee's friend Jonathan Bolerjack. Fall/Winter 2022 Auction Schedule
- Thu. 12.1.22: LUXE - Branded Luxury Boutique Auction
- Sat. 12.3.22: Modern & Contemporary Art + Design
- Sat. 1.21.23: UCA - Pop & Urban Culture Auction
- Now consigning: February 2023 Modern & Contemporary Art + DesignBidder FAQs
- Live and video preview are available, as are high resolution photos. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The buyer's premium is 28% across all methods of bidding.
- We highly recommend obtaining shipping quotes in advance. A list of shippers is available on our website under "Buying" or by request.
- All bidders should read and understand the Terms & Conditions of Auction. The T&C can be reviewed when you register, via the listing, on our website under "Buying" or by request.
very good, some small tears along edges (corner pinholes inherent to the work)All bidders in our auctions should be aware of the following:
Lots are sold "AS IS" as described in the Terms & Conditions of Auction. Statements regarding the condition of objects are only for general guidance and do not constitute a representation, warranty or assumption of liability by Palm Beach Modern Auctions. PBMA strives to provide as much information as possible about items, including multiple photos, dimensions and condition reports. Some condition issues may not be noted in the condition report but are apparent in the provided photos which are considered part of the condition report. All bidders are encouraged to inspect items of interest in person and ask any questions they may have prior to bidding as well as review all points in the Terms & Conditions.